The 2020 Western Jurisdiction Conference (WJD) is the quadriennial gathering of United Methodists where Episcopal leaders will be elected, the Western Jurisdiction budget for 2021-2024 will be approved and other legislation will be considered. This important meeting is open to observers.
The Western Jurisdiction Inter-Ethnic Coordinating Committee seeks to ensure diversity among the attendees and is, therefore, offering scholarships. Applications for scholarship may be submitted by members and constituents of the five ethnic caucuses:
- Asian American Coordinating Committee (AACC)
- Black Methodists for Church Renewal (BMCR)
- Committee on Native American Methodists (CONAM)
- Metodistas Represantando la Causa de los Hispanos Americanos (MARCHA-West)
- Pacific Islanders National Caucus United Methodists (PINCUM)
- People of Color (POC) United Methodists
The Western Jurisdiction Conference 2020 will take place July 15-18, 2020 at the Double Tree Hotel in Billings Montana. For more information go to the Western Jurisdiction Conference website.
Scholarships are available to those who would like to come as observers and will include a $400 travel grant and housing at double occupancy.
to apply for an observer scholarship.
For more information contact Rev. Dr, Felicisimo Cao, Chair of the WJIECC at Felc@calnevumc.org