November 2022 Mission Connection Newsletter and Mission Program
October 31, 2022 | by
Dear Friends in Faith,
Greetings on behalf of your Conference Committee on Mission Service (CCMS)! Here is the latest news and November mission service opportunities.
The CCMS includes the following teams:
November – Donate to the Conference Disaster Response Fund (DRT)
Nov 5th and 6th - Early Response Team (ERT) volunteer Training (DRT)
Nov 16th - Online webinar about missionary partnerships (GMT)
- CPT (Children and Poverty Team)
- GMT (Global Ministry Team)
- DRT (Disaster Response Team)
- UMVIM (United Methodist Volunteer in Mission)
- UWF (United Women in Faith, previously UMW)
- During 2022, the Cal-Nev Conference assisted survivors of five different fires, served at six local assistance centers and is participating in seven long-term recoveries. We need help replenishing our Disaster Response Fund.
By year-end, we will have invested nearly $400,000 for 2022 in wildfire assistance. Here is an article about this year’s efforts and how to donate: Wildfire Season-We can use your help!
Another way to participate in our Disaster Response Ministry is to become trained as an Early Response Team (ERT) volunteer
. Our next online training class is this Saturday and Sunday, November 5thand 6th
. Link to more info about the program and registration: ERT Training
- Our Conference has a proud tradition of supporting missionaries. Through mid-2022, twenty-six churches have funded six different missionaries. To encourage even more church involvement, join us on November 16th in an online webinar about missionary partnerships
. Here is the link to the webinar and registration: Missionaries Webinars
- And lastly, attached is the November issue of The Mission Connection
, the newsletter of our Conference United Methodist Volunteers in Mission Program. This issue includes articles about recent mission trips and opportunities for early 2023. This month's Mission Connection Newsletter: November 2022 Mission Connection
We share Conference mission and outreach opportunities each month. If you have something you want to highlight, just send an article and photos to me, Justin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Living in Hope,
On behalf of the California-Nevada Mission Service Committee