Tips for a smooth all church conference
September 08, 2022 | by Admin
As we head toward all church conference season, our district superintendents shared some tips to ensure a smooth process for everyone.
- Know the difference between “church conference” and “charge conference.”
- Don’t wait until the night before to get the materials together.
- If you see a potential hot button item, tell the DS BEFORE the conference
- Use the Church/Charge Conference as a time to advance the mission of your church (rather than just a time to fulfill requirements).
- Be sure to build in time to celebrate and witness to what God is doing through your church.
- Do everything with a prayerful spirit and a joyful heart for wherever two or three are gathered, Christ is in our midst.
- No surprises for nominations: try to reach a general consensus beforehand on those names to be nominated to various committees.
- When discussing the pastoral compensation, please know that having public group conversations about your salary is a dynamic few jobs require. Compensation votes and discussions should be handled with care and compassion. This conversation should take place in the SPRC committee prior to charge conference and include conversation around the cost of living increase.
If you need to reach out to your DS and are unsure of the contact information, click here