Giving Tuesday spotlights Native American ministries
November 23, 2022 | by Admin
People across California-Nevada are invited to give generously to our Native American Ministries this Giving Tuesday, November 29th.
November is recognized as Native American Heritage month and it is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about the important contributions of Native peoples, not only with the UMC, but across the country.
Your financial gifts this will support Native American ministries in our conference and across the UMC connection. Please give generously as we seek to work toward healing and wholeness for all Native communities.
To give, please mail checks to the Conference Treasurer, 1350 Halyard Drive, West Sacramento, CA 95691. You may also Text-to-Give by texting the word "NATAM" to 916 238 6854.
CONAM assists the our conference in:
- establishing new churches and faith communities.
- advocating for inclusion of Native American United Methodists to serve at all levels of the church.
- determining the distribution of the Native American Ministries Sunday offering and coordinating the promotion of Native American Ministries Sunday.
- monitoring Native American ministries within the annual conference.
- offering the gifts of the Native American Community to the annual conference.
- developing and supporting new and existing Native American churches and faith communities.
- identifying, promoting, and supporting the development of Native American clergy and lay leadership.
to access a video resource for worship settings.
to read a recent article by CONAM Treasurer Kevin Murphy, California-Nevada CONAM.
Our Native American siblings are an essential part of ministry in California-Nevada. Show your support and solidarity by giving now and often to Native American Ministries.