September 22, 2017 | by
On October 14th, 1917 the first worship service of Methodist Episcopal Church (today known as the Rio Linda Community United Methodist Church) was held in the school house. The first church building was completed in August 1918 and officially dedicated on October 13, 1918. The original church building was destroyed by a fire in June 1951. Ground was broken on April 20, 1952; the first service held in the new building on October 5, 1952. On October 8, 2017 we will celebrate the 100th anniversary of our church. We will have our worship service at 11:00 a.m. Our District Superintendent Schuyler Rhodes will preach. Following our worship service we will share a meal together and hear more about our church history, what's happening today and our hope for the future. We thank God for those early settlers in Rio Linda who had the faith and perseverance to organize and build our church. Our church has had many men, women and children pass through its doors these last 100 years. Some visited only once. Others stayed a while. Some have stayed a lifetime. We hope that everyone who has passed through our doors has felt God's love in this place and taken it with them.