The Immigration Task Force of the California-Nevada Annual Conference will award a $500 scholarship to a Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) student who is pursuing a higher education. The deadline for application is May 1, and the guidelines are as follows:
- Must be active in a United Methodist Church in the California-Nevada Annual Conference;
- G.P.A. 3.0 or higher;
- A Graduating Senior or already in college majoring in Immigration Issues, International Studies, Immigration Law, or related field (or a GED equivalent);
- A one page essay on future plans;
- Volunteer work;
- Proof of acceptance to an accredited college; and
- Three recommendation letters from a non-relative.
The scholarship will be sent to the applicant’s school of choice. Send information to: Linda Kuruhara, Chairperson of the Immigration Task Force, 788 Wagon Wheel Lane, Lincoln, CA 95648.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERS
California-Nevada Annual Conference
1350 Halyard Drive
West Sacramento, CA 95691