Dear Member of the California-Nevada Conference of the United Methodist Church,
The 173rd Annual Session of the California-Nevada Conference of the United Methodist Church will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, October 29th. We will meet in-person at the newly renovated SAFE Credit Union Convention Center, 1400 J Street Sacramento, CA 95814. If you need lodging for this event, please reserve a room at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento using this link: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1620669071326&key=GRP&app=resvlink. Click on the “dates” field to input your arrival and departure dates.
Parking garages near the convention center are:
- 1056 13th St (between J & K Streets)
- 1135 12th St (between K & L Streets)
- 900 13th St (between I & J Streets)
To enter the plenary meeting room (2nd floor, Ballroom A1), you must present your badge. Badges must be picked up between 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday evening or 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday. Badges will be available for pickup in the pre-function area outside of Ballroom A1 on the 2nd floor. Look for the table marked with your district name.
We have partnered with CLEAR Health Pass to provide easy proof of the required vaccination in advance for faster entry. There is no cost to obtain your Clear Health Pass.
We ask that every attendee with a smart phone (or iPad) and a government-issued photo ID use the CLEAR Health Pass app to verify your vaccination record before the event. The code for our event is CANV2021.
Here’s how to enroll:
1. Download the CLEAR app and tap the white Health Pass tile
2. If asked, select ‘Have a code’ and enter the code CANV2021
3. Enroll (using your driver’s license or passport) and verify your identity with a quick selfie. If you have any questions about enrolling in CLEAR, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or tap “Get In Touch” in the app for assistance.
4. Follow the prompts to verify your proof of vaccination. There are 3 possible methods of providing your vaccination information within the app.
- When prompted to add your vaccination, select ‘add your vaccination card’ and take a photo of your CDC Vaccine Card.
- Link proof of vaccination digitally
- Select your vaccine provider in the menu or by searching ‘other providers’. Log-in to your patient portal and follow instructions to securely link your account with CLEAR. The CLEAR app is integrated with select healthcare providers and pharmacies.
- If you are unable to find your provider in search, CLEAR may not be able to link with them at this time.
- Check that your COVID-19 vaccine appears in your patient portal, if not we recommend you reach out to your provider directly.
- If found, your results will link automatically and it may take up to 1 hour to verify your results within Health Pass - do not try to resync your results.
- Link proof of vaccination using SMART QR Code
- Tap ‘SMART QR Code’ and follow the prompts to upload your QR code. Once confirmed, proceed to open your Health Pass
5. Before you arrive, reopen the Health Pass tile and produce your Health Pass. A green pass is good to go, be ready to show security for faster entry.
If you do not have a smart phone or iPad, or if you do not have a driver’s license or passport, please present your vaccination card to the volunteer distributing the badges.
Please reach out to me if I can be of any assistance.
Executive Director of Finance & Administration