Fairfield Community United Methodist Church is searching for a Director of Music to direct and accompany an approximately 25-member Chancel Choir, as well as oversee the entire music program of the church.
Purpose: The Music Director is to help the choir, musicians and congregation grow as disciples of Jesus Christ through worship and music. The Music Director is responsible for overseeing the total music ministry for the church, including accompanying the Chancel Choir and Hand Bell Choir in rehearsals, worship, and other services. The Music Director will be a visionary, always looking for ways to expand and enrich the music program of the church. The Music Director identifies strategies to expand music education and ministry in the church, through adding or enlarging opportunities for participation by people of varying abilities and ages in music.
• Collaborate with Pastor and Worship Committee to plan the schedule of music for regular weekly services and special services (funerals, weddings & special events.)
• Maintain the music library and be responsible for obtaining and tracking all required licensing and permissions.
• The Music Director will be responsible for hiring substitute or guest musicians as required.
• Direct/accompany all Sunday morning services; schedule and direct weekly music rehearsals, and attend regular meetings with the Pastor and church committees when requested.
• Provide accompaniment to the congregation and music groups in services when appropriate, and provide direction for all other musical groups.
• Bachelor's degree in Music Performance or Music Education (or equivalent experience.)
• Five years minimum experience accompanying soloists or music groups on the piano/keyboard.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated abilities in multiple musical genres, with sacred music experience preferred.
• Experience instructing or directing beginning musicians or children is highly preferred.
• Ability to play the organ a major plus.
• Experience with hand bells a major plus.
This position is part-time, requiring an average of 10 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to email@example.com. The first review of applications will take place on March 1, 2019, with the position remaining open until filled.
Contact: Virginia Mendez
Address: 1875 Fairfield Ave Fairfield CA 94533
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERS
1350 Halyard Drive
West Sacramento, CA 95691