Children's Minister Wanted
Albany United Methodist Church (AUMC) is a community of faith that welcomes all God’s people, regardless of races, nationalities, lifestyles, orientations, young and old, settled or just visiting. We share God’s love with others through worship, prayer, fellowship, music, Christian education, outreach, service, and evangelism. We seek to help everyone develop a closer relationship with God and attain inner peace.
With that understanding, we welcome applicants for the position of CHILDREN’S MINISTER. As AUMC is to develop and expand its ministry to children, it looks for a person who has the following qualifications.
The person would:
- Have a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience with children’s Christian education.
- Love to work with the children (pre-kindergarten through third-grade children).
- Have passion about the Gospel and comfortably and openly communicate the love of God.
- Work with people from diverse ethnic, social, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
- Have excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Have excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Have skills of art and music so that he/she could perform for the church on various special programs (preferred).
The workload and salary: Approximately six (6) hours/week. The person needs to be able to work Sundays. Pay is $20-25/hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement Sunday school programs as well as special programs, including Christmas program and some summer programs.
- Regularly assess programs, identifying improvements as necessary.
- Work with pastor as needed to present the Children’s Moment during Sunday services.
- Reach out, meet, welcome, and integrate new families into children’s education program.
- Work with pastor and Staff/Pastor Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) in outreach to families in wider community.
- Develop and maintain communications (such as newsletters) about program with parents and larger church community.
- Prepare for and attend regular SPRC and church council meetings.
- Prepare calendar of activities which is then coordinated with larger church.
- Inform pastor about issues, concerns, plans, and perceived needs of children.
- Get CPR-certified (church will pay the fee).
- Pass police criminal background check and TB test.
- Get Safe Sanctuary Training (child abuse prevention and volunteer protection; church pays the fee).
- Develop annual budget with SPRC and monitor throughout year to stay within approved budget.
Candidates may email the church (email@example.com
) the following documents:
- An updated résumé.
- A two-page personal narrative from the candidate, to include sharing about the candidate's passion about Children’s Ministry.
- Three references (provide names and their contact information).
Contact: Pastor Sam Park
980 Stannage Ave Albany CA 94706