Peace with Justice Grant Deadline August 15th
The application deadline for California-Nevada Conference Peace with Justice Grants is August 15. Up to $1,500 could be awarded to recipients.
These following ministries received grants for 2013:
- Glide Memorial Methodist Church in San Francisco, Pastor Karen Oliveto, for the “Tenderloin Neighborhood Focus: Advocacy for Social Justice” program, $750,
- The First United Methodist Church, Carson City, Nevada, Stephan A Shaw, for The Capitol City Churches Initiative expansion program, $500,
- The First United Methodist Church of Napa, Douglas Cleveland, for training in the “Circles” program, $600,
- Smith River UMC, Madge Patterson, to be used in their Community Garden program, $750,
- San Ramon Valley UMC, Laura Sanchez, toward their Palestine/Israel adult education classes and Town Hall format meetings, including David Wildman as a speaker, $1500,
- Cal/Nevada Immigration Task Force, Linda Kuruhara, to help them educate local communities on immigration issues and to mobilize them to advocate for a just and compassionate immigration reform, $600; and
- Campbell UMC, Elaine Bondonno, for expansion into higher levels of security, their creative arts in worship program at the Santa Clara County jails, $1000.
To apply for a Peace with Justice grant e-mail email@example.com for grant applications and guidelines. For questions, email or call Mary Liebke, Peace with Justice Coordinator, (530) 273-3678.