Mission Extension Society Leaders Gather for a Summit
Leaders from the 12 Mission Extension Societies in the California-Nevada Conference recently gathered for a summit at the conference center in West Sacramento. This was the first time all of the groups met collectively. During their time together, they shared ministry reports and had a strategic thinking session with Bishop Warner H. Brown, Jr. The Revs. Matthew Smith and Linda Dew-Hiersoux, co-pastors of The Table at Central UMC, Sacramento, led the group in a devotional reflection based on Deuteronomy 1:22-29. They shared the story of the church's ministry, rebirth, and transformation.
The Mission Societies are:
- Sacramento United Methodist Union (SUMU)
- San Francisco United Methodist Union (SUMM)
- Redwood Empire Mission
- Church Extension Society of the East Bay
- Central Extension Society
- Fresno Missionary and Church Extension Society
- Kern Missionary and Church Extension Society
- Church Location, Building and Union Committee (formerly Nevada-Sierra Extension Society)
- Shasta District Methodist Missions
- Northern San Jose Church Extension Society
- Monterey Bay Church Extension Society, and
- Peninsula United Methodist Association (PUMA).
For more information, contact the Rev. Dr. Bener Agtarap, firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 374-1518.