Church Offers Resources in Wake of Tragedy
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (UMNS) — We can never know why or where tragedy will strike, but The United Methodist Church offers resources to help those seeking consolation following the bombings at the Boston Marathon on Monday.
UMC.org has a page devoted to "Responding to Violence" with links to news coverage and resources on coping with grief in the wake of violence and tragedy.
- News articles from UMNS and other sources
- Articles on how to deal with trauma, including how to talk with children about the events in Boston
- Hymn suggestions, litrugies, calls to worship about coping with a terrorist event
- Blog posts
- Rethink Church, an initiative of United Methodist Communications, is preparing an ad dealing with the tradedy. See rethinkchurch.org or www.facebook.com/umcrethinkchurch for further updates.
- Numerouse worship and crisis resources are available from the United Methodist Board of Discipleship (GBOD) to help congregations deal with the aftermath.
Links to news and resources will continue to be undated in the coming days. For the latest, please visit the "Responding to Violence" page.