ShalomZone Training in the San Francisco Bay Areas will take place with a total of six sessions totaling 40 contact hours (3 CEUs) starting Saturday, February 1, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Epworth United Methodist Church, 1953 Hopkins, Berkeley, CA. The series of six workshops results in the participant becoming a certified Shalom Trainer. Each session includes a content unit, workshop skill, and strategic planning process toward creating a Shalom Plan for economic community development in the place where you live, work, or worship.
The sessions will be led by the Rev. Dr. Michael J. Christensen, associate professor at Drew University and pastor of Epworth Berkeley UMC, and the Rev. Dr. Frederick Douglas Smith, pastor of Wayside UMC in Vallejo.
There are a total of six one-day sessions from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. They are as follows:
- February 1, Session One: Seeking Sustainable Change;
- March 1, Session Two: Growing Healthy Communities;
- April 5, Session Three: Asset Based Community Development;
- May 4, Session Four: The Added Value of Love-in-Action (Sunday, 1-5);
- May 31, Session Five: Organizing to Beat the Devil; and
- June 14, Session Six: Multifaith, Multicultural Cooperation (and graduation).
Download flyer here.
For further information, Shalommater@gmail.com. To register, click here.