Celebrate Native American Sunday This Week, Prepare for Peace with Justice Sunday in June
Please help your church celebrate Native American Ministries Sunday, one of the six churchwide Special Sundays with offerings, this weekend or at another time of the year. The special offering provides scholarships for Native Americans who plan to be ordained as clergy in The United Methodist Church, and who are attending UM schools of theology and other schools approved by the University Senate of The UMC. This year, Native American Ministries Sunday falls on April 22, but the special offering may be taken on any other Sunday your church chooses.
- Peace with Justice ministries in our local Annual Conference, with the funds distributed by the Advocacy and Justice Committee.
- Peace with Justice ministries in the U.S. and globally. These funds are distributed by the General Board of Church and Society.
- Wayside UMC, for a Philippines Volunteers in Mission and Immersion Trip
- Easter Hill UMC, for its Healthy Living Fairs
- First UMC of Redding, for the Communication Kit Project, Camp Djabal, Chad
- Yreka UMC, for the SOL Home Sharing Match-up Program
- First UMC, Sacramento for the Sabeel Ecumenical and Interfaith Conference concerning Palestine-Israel issues.