Register now for website and social media training, to be offered at four locations in California-Nevada, October 14 and 15.
United Methodist Communications Training Manager Heather Rippetoe will join Paul Keogan of Back Office Thinking, a Pennsylvania-based consultants' group focusing on communications and business processes, in providing hands-on training to help churches achieve a vibrant web ministry.
- revisit the foundation for web ministry, grounded in biblical and theological understandings;
- explore how web ministry supports communication and ministry plans in their church;
- get examples from churches around the connection;
- explore user-centered and seeker-friendly approaches;
- practice using a variety of free tools to engage their church's audiences; and
- review 10 best practices to help plan the next steps in growing your web ministry.
Rippetoe says, "Just as each of us as Christians are on different paths on our discipleship journey, each church is at a different place on its web ministry journey. Whether your church is just beginning to think about using websites and social media, or you're wondering how to manage and expand what you already have, we look forward to exploring web ministry with you."
Local church communicators are encouraged to attend, and pastors, lay leaders, and other interested persons are welcome!
Training dates and locations:
Friday, Oct. 14, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Sparks UMC, 1231 Pyramid Way, Sparks, NV 89431
Friday, Oct. 14, 2-5 p.m. – TBA (Greater Sacramento area)
Saturday, Oct. 15, 9 a.m.-noon, FUMC Modesto, 850 Sixteenth Street, Modesto, CA 95354
Saturday, Oct. 15, 2-5 p.m., FUMC Palo Alto, 625 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301
Cost for the three-hour training is $35.
Watch 1 min. 55 sec. video above to find out more! (Right-click on video to watch full screen.)
A survey will be emailed to registrants in advance, to help trainers tailor the curriculum to needs of participants.
If you have access to a laptop, please take it with you to the training.