Two Volunteer in Mission Team Leader Training Opportunities Available
July 07, 2011
Register now to attend one of two upcoming UM Volunteer in Mission (UMVIM) Team Leader Training classes:
- Saturday, August 13, 8:30 – 4 p.m., at Pinole United Methodist Church, 2000 San Pablo Ave., Pinole, CA 94564
- Saturday, September 17, 8:30 – 4:30 p.m., at Hope United Methodist Church, 6161 Valley High Dr., Sacramento, CA. 95823
The United Methodist Volunteers in Mission (UMVIM) program grew out of a desire to put faith into action. Thirty years of wisdom and experience by mission team leaders and missionaries of the United Methodist church has been assembled into a training program that prepares team leaders, team members, churches and hosting communities to plan mission trips that grow individuals’ relationships with God and with each other.
The logistics are covered… What do I pack? How do I get there? What about insurance while I'm on the trip? What tools, clothes, immunizations, etc do I need?
Team preparations also include:
- learning about the culture, history, faith practices and cultural sensitivity in the mission local,
- emphasizing spiritual growth through prayer, daily devotions, group worship and song, and journaling to grow individual's awareness of God at work with them and through them,
- developing an attitude of teamwork and mutual support throughout the mission process,
- building relationships with the host community for mutual ministry and future partnerships,
- involving your church and community in the support — spiritual and financial,
- telling the stories of transformed faith and lives when you return.
The UMVIM program has transformed individuals and churches into a deeper discovery of faith and discipleship by hands-on service in the world.
Register now - click on the link below:
For more information, contact the UMVIM office at email@example.com or 916-374-1584.