Profiles of the Lay Delegate nominees for General and Jurisdictional Conferences have been posted on the ACS 2011 Lay Delegate Candidates page (click on "Annual Conference Session," the first item under "Quick Links" on the right side of the Home Page at cnumc.org, and select "ACS 2011 Lay Delegate Candidates").
Standing Rules provide that additional nominations may be made at the Opening Session of Annual Conference Session on Wednesday, June 15, if supported by at least 20 votes. The Laity Session will take place after the Opening Session and will include instructions and information about the nomination and election of delegates to General and Jurisdictional Conferences. Therefore, at the conclusion of the Laity Session (at approximately 4 p.m.) all additional nominations must be handed in to Susan Hunn, Agenda Chair of the Annual Conference Session.
Eligibility Guidelines for Voting for Clergy Delegates to General and Jurisdictional Conferences
Those eligible to vote for clergy delegates are:
· Deacons or Elders in full connection, active or retired;
· Those on Voluntary LOA, Sabbatical Leave, Maternity or Paternity Leave, or Incapacity Leave;
· Provisional members who have completed all their educational requirements and have been elected to provisional membership (which will happen for some at the Clergy Session);
· Associate members, retired or active;
· Local Pastors who have completed the Course of Study or an MDiv and have served a minimum of two (2) consecutive years under appointment immediately preceding election.
Those NOT eligible to vote for clergy delegates:
· Clergy on Honorable Location, Administrative Location, or Involuntary LOA;
· Local pastors who do not meet the above criteria.