Jan. 1 Is Deadline to Apply for Conference Peace with Justice Grants
The California-Nevada Annual Conference Board of Church and Society awards Peace with Justice grants twice yearly, in January and September. Up to $1500 is available for Peace with Justice ministries, with priority given to United Methodists and affiliated organizations. January 1, 2011 is the deadline to apply for the next round of grants.
- "Alternatives to Violence Project/California-Susanville": Outreach Pilot Project – working with trained Susanville United Methodist Church volunteers dedicated to reducing interpersonal violence inside and outside prison walls.
- "Life Is for Everyone, Inc." located in the UM East Salinas Family Center – supporting the afterschool program of education and advocacy for healthy nutrition.
- "Faith and the Environment," The Wesley Foundation, UC Merced and Merced College – supporting the development of leadership in environmental studies and water usage justice.
- Involve and develop leaders among United Methodists to address poverty and restore communities, here and around the world;
- support policies that promote systematic economic justice and assist self-development;
- assist United Methodists in understanding and responding to violence and militarism, and in moving and leading nations and peoples to reconciliation, transformation, and redemption.