What would happen if every American who watches the Super Bowl donated one can of food or $1 to fight hunger and poverty in their local community? The result would be an astounding $90 million in cash and cans to help feed the hungry and provide shelter to the homeless.
Join the Souper Bowl of Caring and help make this vision a reality! For more than 20 years, congregations have joined forces across America to demonstrate the power of caring, while sharing God's love with our neighbors in need. Every penny stays in the local community, and every collection matters.
To date, more than $60 million in cash and cans has been collected and donated in communities throughout the U.S. Last year 2,600 United Methodist congregations in all 50 states collected more than $1 million for charities that fight hunger and poverty.
Join the team! Here are the four simple steps that your congregation needs to take to be a part of this great effort:
1. REGISTER at www.souperbowl.org to receive the monthly e-newsletter and a free Resource Kit to help promote your event.
2. COLLECT money and/or canned foods on Super Bowl Sunday, February 7, 2010.
3. REPORT the amount of your collection to the Souper Bowl of Caring so it can be added to the national tally.
4. DONATE 100% of your collection to the charity of your choice in your own community.
Souper Bowl of Caring organizers stand ready to assist with resources that will make it easy for your church of take part. Contact Caroline Stephens at 803.788.3746 or firstname.lastname@example.org for:
· Sample emails
· Website content
· Brochures for distribution
· Newsletter articles
· Other needs