Senior New Ways Older Adult Groups and Activities, Mid-March through April, 2009
Senior Health Chat at Los Altos UMC, 1st and 3rd Fridays, 10 a.m.-noon. March 6, "Are Computers Good for Your Health?" with Sara Girton; March 20, "Senior Resources in Our Community," with Rev. Rick Plain. Call Dona Smith-Powers (650-494-3093). Donation suggested.
Senior Health Chat at
Coming Fully Alive Series: Coming Fully Alive as You Age (on Finding Meaning in Life, Being Fully Alive, Aging as a Spiritual Journey, and Humor) at Hilltop Senior Living,
· Looking Forward, Looking Back (on Journaling, Movement-Meditation, Rituals, Communication, and Capturing Our Life Stories) at San Leandro UMC, Tues. April 21-May 19, 2-3:30 p.m. Also upcoming in
· Creative Aging for a Healthy Mind, Body and Spirit (on Laughter and Brain Fitness, Aging and Spirituality, ABCs of Fitness and Nutrition, Creativity in Later Life, and Elders as Earth Advocates) at Carson Valley UMC, May 30, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
· Elders as Earth Advocates and Partners with Youth (on Elders as Earth Advocates Intro, Slowing Down, Simplicity, Where Do We Go from Here?): Sermon, at Castro Valley UMC, May 24, by Judith Pruess-Mellow. Also at Castro Valley UMC, Tues. May 5-June 2, 10:30 a.m.-noon.
· Coming Fully Alive with Music and Pets, Sr. Friendship Day, Palo Alto, April 15, 10:45-11:45 a.m.; Chadbourne Adult Ed, Millbrae, Mondays, April 13-27, May 11, at noon.
· Coming Fully Alive in Assisted Living, at Belmont Village in San Jose, for residents and prospective residents, Thurs. Mar. 5, 5:30-6:30 p.m. (on Aging as a Spiritual Journey), and Tues. April 7, 2:30-3:30 p.m. (on Being Fully Alive); at Mercy McMahon Terrace, Sacramento, Wed. March 25, 1:30 p.m. (on Living With Passion).
Adult Children/Caregivers of Aging Persons Support Group - 2nd ODD month Mondays, 7-9 p.m., LAUMC Live Oak Room. March 9, with author of Together Again, a tale of several generations living under one roof. Also, two groups in
Total Brain FitnessTM with Susan Diamond, Salinas UMC, March 3, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Call 831-424-0855 for information about next sessions. Free.
Programs of our Partners:
Lifelong Fitness Alliance: Dare To Be Fit Race and Community Walk and Resource Fair, March 22, 7:30 a.m.-noon, PAC 10 Plaza, Stanford Campus. For more information visit www.lifelongfitness.org or call 650-361-8282.
Interfaith Women's Dialogue: Next meeting April 5 at Los Altos UMC, 2-4:15 p.m.
Stories Unfolding, with Margriet DeLange. Visit www.StoriesUnfolding.com.
Memoir-writing (take time to write down your stories) at the Los Altos UMC Live Oak Room, 2nd Tuesdays, 1:30-3 p.m. Contact Jinny Newberry, 650-948-5808. Free.
Pathways to Positive Aging: Brain Fitness Workshop including Susan Diamond, Friday, April 24, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Washington Hospital, 2500 Mowry Ave., Fremont. Provided by Tri-City Elder Coalition. Free.
Call Judith Pruess-Mellow of