A Prayer Vigil for New Administration
The Rev. David Atkins, retired clergy and member of
Each participant - whether Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, or any other faith - is asked to devote five minutes a day in prayer. Participants are asked to schedule a prayer period, ideally the same time each day, and use the time to pray for the President, Vice President, and each Cabinet member by name.
Your prayer may be as simple as: Bless you, Barack Obama; Bless you, Joseph Biden; etc., or you may want to pray for guidance, wisdom, protection, and/or strength. You may wish to visualize the light of God's love surrounding or infilling each individual. What matters most is sending your thoughts of love.
Those for whom to pray:
- President Barack Obama
- Vice President Joseph Biden
- Secretary of State: Hillary Clinton
- Secretary of Treasury: Timothy F. Geithner
- Secretary of Defense: Robert M. Gates
- Secretary of Energy: Steven Chu
- Secretary of Education: Arne Duncan
- Secretary of the Interior: Ken Salazar
- Secretary of Veterans' Affairs: Erik K. Shinseki
- Secretary of Agriculture: Tom Vilsack
- Secretary of Labor: Hilda L. Solis
- Secretary of Homeland Security: Janet Napolitano
- Secretary of Health and Human Services: Thomas A. Daschle
- Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Shaun Donovan
- Secretary of Transportation: Ray H. Hood
- Attorney General: Eric H. Holder
- Office of Management and Budget Director: Peter R. Orszag
Spread participation worldwide by joining in! Schedule your time for prayer and send this invitation, along with your time commitment, to your family, friends, and loved ones.
And finally, email your time commitment to email@example.com.
For more information contact the Rev. Pam Fine, pastor of Wesley UMC, at 661-871-3030.