Volunteers urgently needed over the next two months for Louisiana Storm Recovery
The Disaster Recovery Ministry of the United Methodist Church, Louisiana Conference was been awarded a substantial grant – but as with most things, there’s a catch. The money has to be spent on materials purchases by December 31, 2007 and all projects must be completed by February 15, 2008 – creating an urgent need for volunteers to do the work.
Teams are needed for:
The Louisiana Family Recovery Corps has designated $250,000 in grant funds for Dulac alone.
While the LFRC money can only be spent for materials, the Disaster Recovery Ministry has been allowed to use UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief) grant money to pay the labor costs for some licensed contractor work – but not enough to complete all projects by the deadline. Please consider whether you can help.
Here are the open dates for teams at Dulac:
* December 1-20: available space for up to 40 volunteers.
* January 5-26: available space for up to 20 volunteers.
* January 27-31: available space for 10 volunteers.
* February 1-2: available space for 10 volunteers.
* February 3-10: available space for 40 volunteers.
* February 11-16: available space for 20 volunteers.
Link to the Urgent Needs for Volunteers page on the California-Nevada United Methodist Volunteers in Mission (UMVIM) website at for more information.