California-Nevada Ecumenical Grants Deadline August 22
August 22 is the deadline to apply for California-Nevada Ecumenical Grants. The Advocacy and Justice Committee has a small budget available to support ecumenical and interfaith social justice advocacy initiatives.
Ecumenical or interfaith organizations may apply for Ecumenical Grants if they meet the following criteria:
- Such organizations must include meaningful participation by one or more United Methodist churches, committees, or task forces as well as other faith communities.
- The project for which funding is sought must entail advocacy for social change.
* Environmental sustainability and justice
* Individual liberty, justice, and dignity
* Social justice, including equality and nondiscrimination
* Economic justice
* Peace and nonviolence
Ecumenical Grants are intended as seed money to help support new projects or initiatives; they may not be used for recurrent operating expenses. Grants may not exceed $2000. For additional information and application forms, contact Jim Cramer at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (530) 756-3973. Applications must be received by August 22.