Five New Degree Programs Launched by Emory's Candler School of Theology
September 25, 2013
Emory University's Candler School of Theology is reaching out to doctors, lawyers, peacemakers, social workers, music directors, youth ministers, and senior pastors with five new degree programs designed to expand the possibilities of reaching more people who want to make a difference in the world.
The new degrees, which launch starting this fall through fall 2014, include:
- Doctor of Ministry for senior pastors who want explore the latest in theological education within real-world church ministry;
- Master of Arts in Religious Leadership for those who want to enhance their leadership potential in Christian service;
- Master of Arts in Religion and Public Life for professionals whose work requires them to navigate issues of faith on a regular basis;
- Master of Divinity/Master of Development Practice for those interested in sustainable development and the role of theology (offered in partnership with Emory’s Laney Graduate School); and
- Master of Divinity/Master of Social Work is for those interested in considering the role of faith and religious institutions in community work (offered in partnership with the University of Georgia).