Support Group for Pastors in Recovery To Launch on August 12
Facilitated by Susan, a pastor in recovery, United Methodist Special Program on Substance Abuse and Related Violence (SPSARV) will offer an online video-conferencing forum for mutual sharing, support, and fellowship from and with pastors in recovery.
Participants will decide upon the nature and format of the group. Discussions will vary as participants choose from topics, such as:
* How do I preach about addiction?
* When is self-disclosure appropriate and pastorally helpful?
* In what ways is my church offering recovery or prevention ministries?
* What are my current pastoral or recovery struggles?
We invite you to call in on Tuesday, August 12 from noon to 1 pm (Eastern Time) to discuss the unique challenges and strengths of being in ministry and in recovery.
1. Register with Susan ahead of time here (not required).
2. Click this link to test GoToMeeting on your computer.
3. Then, approximately 15 minutes prior to the start time, click this link to join the GoToMeeting.
Please note: As a function of GoToMeeting your email address will display.
SPSARV is the United Methodist Special Program on Substance Abuse and Related Violence. SPSARV works with United Methodist partners to coordinate a global response to drug and alcohol abuse, dependency and its related violence. SPSARV prepares congregations to offer informed and compassionate responses to the needs of individuals and families impacted by the disease of addiction.
Juliana Federoff, Executive Secretary, SPSARV, (212) 870-3883