Refugee Ministry Grant Request for Proposals for 2015
Each year the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) offers capacity building and direct service grants to select organizations and projects that benefit refugees and/or immigrants. Eligible grantees are either (1) a nonprofit that can demonstrate community support; or (2) a partnership of at least two project partners: two congregations, or a congregation and a community organization.Priority will be given to projects in which United Methodist churches are significant partners.
Requests are considered up to $5,000. Requests for amounts less than $5,000 for specific smaller projects are welcomed and encouraged.
- Project should benefit refugees or immigrants.
- Project mustbe community based.
- Projects should have a relationship with alocalUnited Methodist Church.
- Projects mustreceive oversight from a board or clearly constitutedadvisory committee.
- Projects should cover no more than a 12 monthperiod andare for capacity-building activities or direct service.
- Justice for Our Neighbor Applicants are welcome to apply, however priority will be given to sites that do not receive funding from their affiliated United Methodist Annual Conference.
- Projects will be prioritized that do not already benefit from other funding from UMCOR.
As a programof the UnitedMethodist Church, UMCOR Refugee Ministry trusts that your project will be in accordancewith the disciplinary mandate, which states that "these ministriesshall be administered in the spirit of Jesus Christ and advance the dignity of persons without regard to religion, race, nationality or sex, and shallenhance thequality of life in the humancommunity."
Letters of Inquiry will be accepted on a rolling basis between: JULY 1, 2014 and AUGUST 15, 2014.
Interested applicants should submit aone-page letter to Joya Colon-Berezin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following information in your letter:
- Organization name, and address
- Contact person's name, e-mail, and telephone number
- Brief organizational background
- Brief description of the proposed project or program to be funded
- Amount requested (between $1,000 - $5,000)
Receipt of the letter will be acknowledged and the applicant will be contacted if additional information is needed. If we are interested in further consideration of the project, a complete application will be sent via e-mail within one week.
Deadline for submitting the completed application: FRIDAY, AUGUST 29TH 2014