Do you feel called to serve?
Do you want to reach out to others to heal where healing is needed, to comfort where comfort is needed?
Who We Are: You and me – all ages, races and genders – who share a desire to heal, comfort and serve others.
What We Do: Provides opportunities to promote, encourage, and enable all persons to live Christian Love in Action.
Where We Go: Cal-Nevada UMVIM teams provide mission service — locally within the Cal-Nevada region, across the United States, and globally across the world — with simplicity, authenticity, and relevancy.
How We Serve: We serve in four main ways.
- Construction: A construction mission focuses on the needs of lower-income homes, church property, schools and hospitals and may involve new construction, renovations or repairs.
- Cultural Exchange: A cultural exchange mission allows for language immersion, education and travel/cultural appreciation.
- Disaster Ministry: A disaster ministry delivers response teams to disasters, includes a Kit Ministry (puts together "layette kits, health kits and more) and provides long-term recovery resources to areas in need.
- Medical: A medical mission may involve working in a village or urban clinic or hospital, providing nursing and dental services on a long or short term basis.
For more information, contact the UMVIM office:
Phil Bandy, director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-374-1582
A new process is in place, to apply for an UMVIM trip, visit Volunteer Opportunities and contact the team leader for the appropriate trip.
Click HERE for a team leader and team member checklist.
- Addiction Recovery
- Advocacy and Justice
- Children and Poverty
- Christian Unity and Interreligious Concerns
- Clergy Spouse Association
- Congregational Vitality
- Connectional Resources
- Disaster Response
- Ethnic Ministry and Outreach
- Higher Education and Campus Ministry
- Imagine No Malaria
- Israel/Palestine Task Force
- Leadership Development
- Mission Service
- Older Adult Ministry
- Reconciliation Ministry
- Religion and Race
- Retired Clergy Association
- Sierra Service Project
- Spiritual Directors
- Status & Role of Women
- UM Volunteers In Mission
- United Methodist Men
- United Methodist Missionaries
- United Methodist Women