Stats changes coming for 2017
Every 4 years, the statistical forms are revised. The next changes will first be used in early 2018 to collect information about 2017 - but that means we need to collect data during 2017. Read on to see what's changing and what you might need to collect.
- Professions of Faith will be recorded separately those received through confirmation
- Worship attendance for online worshipers will be recorded separately
- Reporting of community ministries for outreach, justice and mercy will be clarified:
- Total number of ministries (identifying separately any focused on improving global health, and ministering to the poor or socially marginalized)
- Number of persons from the local congregation involved in these ministries
- Number of persons served by these ministries (where possible, counting individuals once only)
- Market values of church assets are reported more clearly: capital assets (buildings and other equipment) in one line, financial and other liquid assets in another.
- Base compensation and housing benefits will be reported separately for the lead pastor, other appointed associate pastors or pastoral staff, and deacons in specialized ministries.
- Various clarifications in income reporting:
- Amounts from sale of church assets should clearly identify if they are for the regular operating budget, or for later use.
- Amounts transferred from liquid assets (e.g. reserve funds) should be recorded along with interest and dividends.
- Most lines have been renumbered :-)
More details will be available later in the year, but if you have questions, please contact Adrian.