⇒ Start here! ⇐
(Your username/password are here too!)
(but read below first!)
Welcome to the 2016 annual statistical return.
It's that time again, and I'm looking forward to hearing about the life of each of our churches as expressed in our annual statistics! These assist our Bishop and Cabinet in planning for pastoral ministry across the conference, as well as providing a fascinating historical perspective. This isn't only for chartered churches - we also want to collect statistics from new church starts. These can be very helpful in future to understand how churches grow and develop.
I would encourage you to check out the new web site provided by GCFA - www.umdata.org - to explore the conference (and other conferences!) further. Your help in providing us with the raw information is greatly appreciated.
For full details, check out our Guide to Statistics 2016.
Here are some of the highlights for the 2016 reports:
- Deadline. The due date for annual reports, in accordance with the Book of Discipline, is January 30, 2017. With the agreement of the Bishop and the Cabinet, we will accept 2015 returns until Wednesday, February 15, 2017. We hope that this will allow you time to close your church accounts for 2016 fully before entering data, as well as giving us time to respond to your requests for help while not delaying final data entry.
Last year, the statistics process ran quite late - with only 206 (of 363) churches reporting on time. This year, I plan to remind churches further ahead of the deadline ... so you can save me some work (and yourself some emails and phone calls) by completing your returns early!
- Updated for federated and union churches! Frequently asked questions updated! Please take a moment to review our Frequently Asked Questions section, which has been revised this year. You may find your particular question has already been answered!
- Electronic entry only. As in previous years, we request that all churches complete the statistical return online using the Ezra system. You can obtain your initial access information for Ezra from our Getting Started page! However, we recognize that online entry may not be possible in all churches – please contact me as early as possible if this poses difficulties for your church.
- Vital Signs integration. If your church has been entering weekly data through Vital Signs this year (highly recommended!), you will find some of this information inserted in the statistical return automatically. You will be able to verify and correct these entries, if necessary.
- Updated! Webinars. Dates for the first set of webinars in January are now available on our webinars page. Join a live web meeting to see the data entry mechanism in use and get your particular questions answered.
- New! Changes for the 2017-2020 quadrennium. Although not affecting this year's reporting, there are changes coming for next year's reporting. Check out our new page for details.
Pastors, as I’m sure you are aware, the final submission of the annual reports is your responsibility but I encourage you to involve others in your congregation in the preparation of the information. Sharing the stories told by the statistics, and perhaps especially the comparisons with prior years, may yield some interesting insights. Please ensure that all involved have a copy of these documents to help them.
Finally, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me or with Clare Powell in the conference office if you have any questions. My contact details are below:
Phone: (530) 863-0254
- Getting Started
- Guide to Statistics 2016
- Notes on Membership 2016
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Get prepared - what's new in 2017!
- Catch Fire in 50 Days!
- Central Extension Society Grants
- Church Video License
- Conference Forms
- Cross and Flame
- Four Areas of Focus
- MissionInsite Demographics
- SPRC Documents
- Statistician's Corner
- Video Library