⇒ Start here! ⇐
(Your username/password are here too!)
(but read below first!)
⇒ Reports due Monday February 15! ⇐
Welcome to the 2015 annual statistical return.
Your first thought may be ... "No, not again!" ... but it really is a year since we last collected annual statistics from churches! These assist our Bishop and Cabinet in planning for pastoral ministry across the conference, as well as providing a fascinating historical perspective. I would encourage you to check out the new web site provided by GCFA - www.umdata.org - to explore the conference (and other conferences!) further. Your help in providing us with the raw information is greatly appreciated.
For full details, check out our Guide to Statistics 2015.
Here are some of the highlights for the 2015 reports:
- Deadline. The due date for annual reports, in accordance with the Book of Discipline, is January 30, 2016. With the agreement of the Bishop and the Cabinet, we will accept 2015 returns until Monday, February 15, 2016. We hope that this will allow you time to close your church accounts for 2015 fully before entering data, as well as giving us time to respond to your requests for help while not delaying final data entry.
- Frequently asked questions updated! Please take a moment to review our Frequently Asked Questions section, which has been revised this year. You may find your particular question has already been answered!
- Electronic entry only. As in previous years, we request that all churches complete the statistical return online using the Ezra system. You can obtain your initial access information for Ezra from our Getting Started page! However, we recognize that online entry may not be possible in all churches – please contact me as early as possible if this poses difficulties for your church.
- Vital Signs integration. If your church has been entering weekly data through Vital Signs this year (highly recommended!), you will find some of this information inserted in the statistical return automatically. You will be able to verify and correct these entries, if necessary.
- Help videos. A series of short how-to videos covering the mechanics of using the data entry system, and some specifics about particular line items are available from our Help Videos page..
- Webinars. Coming in January and February, we will be holding a series of webinars where you can join a live web meeting to see the data entry mechanism in use and get your particular questions answered. Watch for details of these here and in Instant Connection.
Pastors, as I’m sure you are aware, the final submission of the annual reports is your responsibility but I encourage you to involve others in your congregation in the preparation of the information. Sharing the stories told by the statistics, and perhaps especially the comparisons with prior years, may yield some interesting insights. Please ensure that all involved have a copy of these documents to help them.
Finally, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me or with Clare Powell in the conference office if you have any questions. My contact details are below:
Phone: (530) 863-0254
- Getting Started
- Guide to Statistics 2015
- Notes on Membership and Worship 2015
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Help Videos