- The California Nevada Conference of the UMC
- Leadership Development
- Ordained Ministry
- Candidates in the District Committee
- Process for Recognition of Orders From Other Denominations
General Expectations for Transfer or Recognition of Orders:
- Transfers and Recognition of Orders are done for the missional needs of the Annual Conference.
- The Annual Conference will exercise due diligence to be sure that those entering membership in the conference through transfer or recognition of orders are persons of good character and good standing in their conference or denomination of origin.
- The Bishop, Board of Ordained Ministry and the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry work in partnership with the potential member of the Annual Conference to assess transformation leadership skills and educational experience of the potential conference member.
- In the vast majority of situations there is a minimum requirement of 2 years service in the California-Nevada Conference before transfer or recognition of orders can take place.
- Transfer of membership is described in ¶ 347 of the 2008 Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church and covers both transfers from other Annual Conferences of the United Methodist Church (Ordained Clergy and Provisional Members), and transfers from other Methodist Denominations (Ordained Elders, or ordained clergy).
- Recognition of Orders of Clergy from other Denominations is described in ¶ 347 and ¶ 348 of the 2008 Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church.
- Membership for clergy of other Christian Denominations is described in ¶347.3. Clergy from other Christian Denominations may be received as provisional members or local pastors.