Director of Contemporary Music
San Ramon Valley United Methodist Church
Position Title: Director of Contemporary Music Classification: Part-time
Department: Music Reports to: Lead Pastor
The Director of Contemporary Worship Music Ministry provides leadership in the musical planning, coordination, preparation, presentation for our weekly contemporary worship service. This ministry is provided under the leadership of the Lead Pastor; and in coordination with the Contemporary Worship Planning Team and the Music Director.
Living Water singers and band
1) Meet on a regular basis with the worship planning team and pastor(s) in charge of contemporary worship service for the purpose of selection of congregational songs and hymns; and contribute to the planning of worship and music around sermon themes.
2) Identify, recruit, and train volunteer singers/musicians who provide the music for the contemporary service.
3) Provide musical leadership to singers, band members and the congregation during the worship experience.
4) Schedule and direct weekly rehearsals of a praise band and singers in preparation for their contribution to the contemporary worship service.
5) Coordinate musical selections with media presentation (power point displays) during the contemporary worship service.
7) Take responsibility for securing needed software, music resources and copyright permission for musical selections.
8) Stay current with trends in praise worship ministry and be prepared to advise of trends and changes for their potential suitability in worship at our church.
9) Arrange and coordinate an appropriate substitute for infrequent absence, making financial accommodation, if appropriate, without further recourse to the church.
Experience: Three to five years of successful experience with the direction or co-direction of a praise worship ministry group.
Education: High school diploma with some college credits or degree. Degree in music is a plus.
October 8, 2014
Revised: March 5, 2015
Submit the resume to Brad Stribling at email@example.com