Uplift Elk Grove Coach
We are looking to fill the position of Coach for Uplift Elk Grove. Uplift Elk Grove is a comprehensive, holistic program designed to break the cycle of poverty by building well-being together: rethinking poverty, reframing solutions and reshaping our community. Through education and intentional relationships, we can restore abundance for families and individuals and bridge the cultural and socioeconomic class lines that often divide us. One of our primary goals is to provide a framework in which people can move off public assistance and build dignified, sustainable lives with a greater sense of control.
- Support relationships within the UPLIFT program and encourage them to thrive.
- Contribute to efforts to engage the community in UPLIFT
- Support the Board and the Coordinator, assisting them in recruiting, training, and supporting Champions of Change and Allies.
- A four-year degree and/or commensurate training and experience and/or personal lived experience being housing challenged and successfully maintaining appropriate and viable housing for at least three years.
- Experience in effectively on-boarding and coordinating volunteers.
- Ability to coordinate multiple teams that provide services to the weekly meeting.
- A proven track record of planning and facilitating multifaceted meetings.
- Ability to be flexible, proactive and solve challenges in a collaborative manner.
- Strong communications skills and ability to operate adeptly in groups from all social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to use general computer tools effectively.
- Ability to pass background check and drug screening.
- Valid driver’s license and personal reliable transportation.
- Plan, schedule and facilitate Weekly Community Meetings.
- Coordinate Youth and Children Program, meals, location and transportation for Weekly Meetings, Champion of Change Training, Ally Training and other UPLIFT events.
- Assist with recruiting and screenings of possible Champions of Change and Allies.
- Conduct intake interviews and strengths-based assessments for all UPLIFT participants and oversee the UPLIFT match process.
- Provide orientation for new Champion of Change families and Allies.
- Maintain current knowledge of social services available throughout the community, identify referral and advocacy information, and share with UPLIFT community.
- Provide ongoing support and conflict resolution to all members.
- Assist Coordinator in gathering appropriate information for grant writing and reports.
- Regularly attend and provide leadership in team meetings and community meetings.
- Assist Coordinator in outreach efforts within the community.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained for all sensitive communications, both written and oral.
In addition, the ideal candidate will
- Maintain a positive work environment.
- Develop a sense of community so all participants in the weekly meeting, including paid staff, are working cooperatively with shared responsibility.
- Respond positively to situations of stress or conflict.
- Develop a supportive, empowering culture for diverse members of the community.
- Possess strong organizational skills in managing complex tasks with autonomy.
- Identify personal and professional development opportunities and take the initiative to pursue self-development as appropriate.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the Uplift Elk Grove Community.
- Ability to effectively work in a collaborative manner with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate cross culturally.
- A sense of maturity derived from personal lived experience as being a dependant on social support systems.
- Participation in an introductory visit to a surrounding NETworX site
- Attendance at a NETworX national or regional training event
- Participation in regular monthly phone coaching
Please submit a cover letter outlining your qualifications for this position and a current resume. Additionally, please submit a response to the following questions:
How do you define poverty? How has poverty affected you personally?
What do you feel is the greatest need for participants coming out of homelessness?
What resources do you believe are needed in order to terminate generational cycles, which can be looked at as detrimental?
What do you feel the City of Elk Grove does effectively to assist its residents?
What do you feel the City of Elk Grove needs to do in order to better serve its residents who may or may not be in a poverty situation?
Cover letter, resume and answers are due no later than 5pm, August 22, 2017. It is anticipated that interviews will be conducted the week of August 28, 2017.