First United Methodist Church, San Leandro is seeking a part-time accompanist to be a key member of our music program, accompanying our choir(s) at rehearsal and on Sunday morning, and providing the music (Prelude, hymn-accompaniment, Postlude, etc.) during Worship Service(s). The successful candidate will work collaboratively with our Music Director and Pastor.
· 12 month position, estimated to require an average of 4-6 hours per week, exclusive of personal rehearsal time
· $600-$680/month depending on experience
· Demonstrated skill and competency at the keyboard (Sanctuary has both piano and organ; and the sound system can accommodate an electronic keyboard)
· Familiarity with and experience in liturgical music
· Demonstrated knowledge of or willingness to learn United Methodist hymns; classical and contemporary music/praise songs; and worship music from diverse cultures
· Experience leading congregational singing and accompanying a choir
· Competent sight reading
· Choir currently rehearses Thursday nights, from September to May. Sunday Worship/Celebration is at 9:30 a.m.
Email resumes and/or inquiries to the 1st UMC, San Leandro Staff-Parish Relations Committee at 1stUMCSLmusic@gmail.com
For more information about 1st UMC, San Leandro, visit us on Facebook
Contact: Staff-Parish Relations Committee