Ministry Coordinator- Lake Merritt UMC
Primary Responsibility: Coordinate and support ministries in a growing urban church
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in web content management, writing and editing for the web. The Ministry Coordinator will be responsible for developing the voice for all aspects of the church’s online presence.
- Manage web content, write and edit for the web, perform web design and site management. Responsible for developing the voice for all aspects of the organization's online presence.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers
- Answer and direct phone calls, voice mail messages, and emails
- Manage church email and internet services
- Assist with basic computer hardware and software issues for all office computers
- Word process, print, distribute church written materials and electronic messages, including bulletin, newsletter, flyers, email announcements, memorial services, special services, seasonal letters
- Keep Shepherd's Staff membership database up to date
- Keep church directory up to date
- Communicate with current vendors/suppliers as needed; research new vendors as needed
- Order office supplies & standard worship supplies: candles, poinsettias, Easter lilies, etc
- Maintain office equipment
- Provide administrative support for the Pastor and for ministries including Food Pantry, Thanksgiving Dinner, Children's Ministry, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and strong background in managing websites and social media.
- Strong organizational skills
- BA/BS or some college preferred
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: This is a part time, hourly paid position. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.To Apply: Please email the following listed items to Carol Trimble at email@example.com
ATTN: Carol Trimble
Lake Merritt United Methodist Church
1255 First Ave
Oakland, CA 94606
-A cover letter, which highlights your relevant experience and qualifications for the position, as well as the reasons for your interest in the position.
-A current resume.
- Please include “Ministry Coordinator” in the Subject line.