Los Altos UMC - Executive Assistant to Senior Pastor
Position Description: Executive Assistant provides broad-based support to the senior pastor of a large and dynamic United Methodist Church in the Silicon Valley. Ensures smooth day-to-day operation of the senior pastors office and performs special projects as assigned. Will coordinate the communication and follow-up of pastoral care requests from a diverse and multi-generational congregation.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative support tasks. This person must be well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a busy executive. Must have a caring spirit and willingness to reach out to those in need. Past experience working with or for a church or not-for-profit organization preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication, grammar, and editing skills
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Energetic, mature, positive person who can work independently
- Discretion, diplomacy and excellent judgment in regards to confidential information
- Caring spirit; willing to reach out to those in need
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite
- Proficient in use of internet communication tools and social networking
- Reliable and punctual
- Team player
- Manage appointment calendar
- Preview, screen and organize email messages
- Manage personal access to the senior pastor
- Edit articles, letters, and other communications
- Make travel arrangements
- Plan events
- Perform administrative duties such as copying/faxing/filing documents, preparing outgoing correspondence, and creating expense reports as needed.
- Manage the receipt and distribution of pastoral care requests
- Maintain Pastoral Care database
- Facilitate meetings of the Pastoral Care team
Address: 655 Magdalena Ave