Job Opening - Office Administrator
El Cerrito United Methodist Church, located in East Richmond Heights, is seeking a well-qualified candidate to serve as Office Administrator. ECUMC is a progressive, reconciling, justice-oriented congregation of the United Methodist Church. We are blessed with beautiful campus, and a diverse and talented faith community. For more information, please go to www.elcerritoumc.org.
This is a part-time office position involving a variety of duties. Candidates must be detail-oriented and organized, able to prioritize, be self-motivated and able to work well with others. This position encompasses a broad range of responsibilities including church communications, weekly bulletin production, office phone reception, administrative duties, basic bookkeeping, and other grounds-related duties requiring a high degree of professionalism, tact and discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills. This position requires basic familiarity or proficiency with: Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher), website maintenance (wordpress), social media, Quickbooks, database and email management systems
- Ability to work with minimal direction and to prioritize use of time
- At least 2 years prior office management experience
- Ability to multi-task and deal with unexpected and shifting priorities
- Self-Starter with eye for detail and organization
- Proficiency with multimedia technology and sound system equipment.
- Completion of a successful background check.
Education/Experience: College degree and 2 years of experience or equivalent in office administration
Hours: 20 hours/week Tuesday-Friday 9am-2pm
Salary range: $15-$17/hr
Email resume and cover letter, resume and a list of four references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Office Administrator. [Your Name] in the subject line by May 29th.
1231 Cabrillo Street El Cerrito CA 94530