Part time Youth Director
This position is part-time, 10 hours per week.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers in the Youth Ministry.
- Maintain compliance with the Personal Safety Policies of the Church.
- Be visible to the larger church membership through active participation in the Sunday worship service and church events.
- Work with the Pastor and Youth Council to plan curriculum, programming, and missions for youth.
- Build relationships with youth and parents through communication, including the church newsletter, website and social media.
- Encourage participation by youth in worship services, service projects, fundraising opportunities, Confirmation and other church-sponsored events.
- Manage line items in budget.
- Clearly communicate his or her Christian faith.
- Pass a criminal background screening.
- Work Sundays, Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter.
- Previous experience in youth ministry.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- CPR Certification, and other First Aid certifications.
Walnut Creek United Methodist Church
1543 Sunnyvale Avenue
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
Address: 1543 Sunnyvale Avenue, Walnut Creek, CA 94597