Coordinator for Youth Employment Readiness Program
OMI - Temple United Methodist Church
Job Summary: MYEEP is a youth development program that provides subsidized employment experience and learning activities to over 1200 San Francisco youth annually. The subsidized employment occurs at various nonprofit and public sector organizations throughout San Francisco. Under the supervision of the Director of Youth and Employment Programs the MYEEP Coordinator II will orchestrate an employment-based youth development program for San Francisco youth who live, attend school or play in the Oceanview, Merced, Ingleside, Bernal Heights, Excelsior and Outer Mission communities.
The Organization: Temple United Methodist Church is a faith community with a long-term commitment to serving the community. With a commitment to developing community partnerships in order to serve the poor, the young, the old, this extraordinary faith community offers an Immigration Law Clinic, ESL Classes, Feeding Programs and Senior Services, and a host of services for young people.
The Mayors Youth Employment and Empowerment Program is one of these services for young people.
- Preparing program participants for subsidized employment at nonprofit and public sector placements
- Developing and facilitating workshops to meet program learning objectives
- Compiling monthly reports
- Checking in with each individual participant on a regular basis
- Recruiting worksite to host program participants
- Supporting worksite supervisors
- Meeting with staff from the collaborating agencies
- Supporting program-wide events
- Hire, train and supervise summer MYEEP CITs
- Other duties as assigned
- Play an active role in the annual membership drive and annual Fiesta on the Hill event.
- Other duties as assigned by the Youth Services Director.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE JOB
- Experience working with diverse populations of youth
- Knowledge of youth programs and resources in San Francisco
- Demonstrated effective facilitation skill
- Exceptional organization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks with competing timelines
- Competency with PC-based software including Microsoft Office and various Adobe software
- Experience building professional relationships
- Fingerprinting background check required
Women and Persons of color encouraged to apply
Hours: Full-time, non-exempt position.
Compensation: Competitive salary, depending on experience. Comprehensive benefits!
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with subject line: MYEEP. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Temple United Methodist Church is an equal opportunity employer
65 Beverly Street, San Francisco, CA 94132