Addiction Recovery Resources
Need a connection?
SUBSTANCE ABUSE and MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION (SAMHSA)
One of the most important goals of SAMHSA is to ensure that anyone can find treatment for substance abuse and mental health issues in their local area.
SAMHSA's National Helpline offers 24-hour, free and confidential, information on substance use disorder issues and referral treatment, in English and Spanish, 800-662-HELP (4357); 800-487-4889 (TDD); http://www.samhsa.gov.
SAMHSA's Treatment Facility Locator provides a comprehensive listing of drug and alcohol treatment programs across the United States, http://findtreatment.samhsa.gov.
Call 800-273-TALK (8255) to be connected to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7.
Recovery Month has a variety of resources and information available on many topics related to mental and substance use disorders, prevention, treatment, and recovery. The searchable database includes articles, news, reports, brochures, Road to Recovery television and radio programs, PSAs, Recovery Month Toolkit elements (including Targeted Outreach text), and other resources developed specifically by Recovery Month and their partners.
Need Treatment Referral and Help Finding Local Resources?
There are several resources to help you find local treatment centers, therapists, medication-assisted therapies, mutual aid groups on the Treatment and Help webpage or you can contact your Single State Agency for information on prevention, treatment, and recovery resources in your state.
Share Your Story!
A critical part of recovery is sharing one's story of recovery with others. Read or watch people's inspiring stories of recovery, or submit your own story.
NEW HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE AT HEALTHCARE.GOV
Open enrollment in the Marketplace begins on October 1 and new coverage takes effect in January, 2014. Sign-up to receive the latest information about your state. Visit SignUp.HealthCare.gov.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Health Insurance Marketplace
Information and resources about the Marketplace
- Plain Language Benefits Information
Health Insurance Marketplace in plain language
- Human & Health Services (HHS) State by State Page
Learn how the Affordable Care Act is helping people in your state
- Key Features of the Affordable Care Act
An Infographic with the enrollment timeline and ACA benefits.
ADDITIONAL AVAILABLE RESOURCES:
Information regarding medication assisted treatment and therapies:
- CSAT's Division of Pharmacologic Therapies, www.dpt.samhsa.gov
- Burenorphine Treatment Locator, www.buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/bwns_locator/index.html
- Psychology Today's Counselor and Therapist Locator
- Faces and Voices of Recovery's:
- The National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare (NCSACW)
- Find local Alcoholics, Narcotics and Gamblers Anonymous as well as Ala-non and Ala-teen listed in your phone book.
- SoberNation.com: #1 recovery resource database on the internet. Goal is to help the struggling alcoholic and addict, giving guidance to the affected family member while striving to offer a home for everyone whose life has been impacted.
- Join "Young People in Recovery" on Facebook
- Follow "Young People in Recovery" on Twitter, (#ypr)
NATIONAL DRUG FACTS WEEK, January 27 - February 2, 2014
Sponsored by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), National Drug Facts week was launched in 2010 to counteract the myths received from the internet, TV, movies, music or from friends. For more information, visit their website or download the following: